Reasons Why I Live in the Edmonton Area - Levisan.me
The name’s Levi Breederland. I design and build things for the internet. This is my blog.
Published: 16 November 2016
Last Updated: 20 June 2019
Sunrise in Edmonton
To contest my sister, who wants me to move back to Metro Vancouver, I’ve compiled this list of reasons why I’d rather live in the Edmonton area. (Not how I got here, but why I don’t want to leave).
- Edmonton has an average of 86 days with rain, but Vancouver’s average is 159. I’m not a fan of rain. Also, I couldn’t find stats for it, but even though it gets (and stays) cold here, it stays sunny. Vancouver seems to have a lot more days of complete cloud cover. This climate is much nicer for the casual astronomer or someone who’s moods are strongly affected by levels of sunlight..
- Untitled 25% less in Edmonton than it does in Vancouver.
- Average house prices in Edmonton are less than half of Vancouver’s.
- Because we have no provincial sales tax, we just have the national GST of 5% versus BC’s total of 12% sales tax.
- Even though I don’t get out much, the local communities I’m connected with are great.