I started this as a bit of a "reading list", where I wanted to recommend books. Now, it's more than just books.
I made a shortlist of my favourite movies.
It was difficult to quantify what makes a movie my favourite. At first, I started out with movies that I wouldn't mind watching again at a moment's notice, but some of these require the right mood, and some I haven't seen for a long time, and don't want to ruin what I enjoyed then.
Here they are, in alphabetical order:
My brother asked for a list of good iOS apps, since he was going to get an iPhone. So, Tyson, here's a few:
- Twitter. I still like the official app best.
- Pocket is a great way to save things for reading later, even if offline.
- Overcast is the new podcast app on the block, and it's my favourite.
- YouVersion's Bible app is one of the most popular, and a great choice.
I'm frequently asked for TV series recommendations, and I frequently ask for recommendations myself, so I thought it'd make life simpler if I just listed my favourites here.
Here they are, in no particular order:
The IT Crowd
Here's a fun British comedy which accurately describes the terrors and triumphs of the corporate IT department, and on a wider spectrum, geekdom as a whole. Don't worry, it's written in a way that doesn't alienate non-nerd too much (to the point where my wife even ejoyed it).
- Does not require watching sequentially, but does have an ongoing story arc
- 4 seasons totallying 24 episodes of half an hour each, and one special reunion episode
- No longer in production
- Available on Netflix